Sunday, January 27, 2008

January 27 :: Nacaome, Honduras

January 27 :: Nacaome, Honduras :: 105km / 1807km total

Today, to round the Golfa de Fonseca, the PanAmerican Highway swung North, into the seasonal Northeast wind that has been helping me for much of this trip. There was nothing zippy about the 104km... just a slow, steady, low gear plodding into the blustery wind. Combined with a rear wheel flat, a border crossing, midday heat and rolling hills, it was a well earned 104km in the saddle.

Honduras continues to be like....the rest of Latin America. I look for differences, but cannot really find any, other than a currency change and a bit more curiosity among the people about my presence here. I now seek out the big multinational gas stations for drink stops (Esso, Texaco) not for political reasons, just for the airconditioned respite they offer, and a huge reliable assortment and selection of cold drinks. All things being equal I try to spend locally, but when its 35C and you have a mild heat headache all things are NOT equal.

300km to Managua...I may be in Nicaragua tomorrow... depends on the wind.

No comments: