Friday, January 11, 2008

January 11 :: Bacalar, Mexico

January 11 :: Bacalar, Mexico :: 114km / 334km total

After yesterday´s heatfest today was slated to be an easy 112km down to Bacalar, and being on the road at 6a.m. gave me plenty of time to get in before the day got too brutally hot. I knocked it down a gear and spun easily along in the luxuriously cool morning air. The road started to undulate, but gently. Hmmm what else. Actually, not really much to report today (but lots of pics!)... a simple, straightforward 112km ride to Bacalar, with a few more km zooming around town looking for a good hotel. I´ll be in Belize tomorrow!



Much of Mexico has been like this










A roadside... shrine?








Inside













My pink and chocolate brown bathroom...








...inside my pink hotel











Today´s ride

2 comments:

hotheaded said...

wow, man, is that a toilet? you are really movin' on up!

Graham Durrant said...

i have to be human sometimes... :-)