Friday, January 25, 2008

January 25 :: Zacatecoluca, El Salvador

January 25 :: Zacatecoluca, El Salvador :: 76km / 1602km total

I was onto the road before 6am and could not believe how warm it was. It was going to be a short-ish day anyways, as I was still not 100% from yesterday´s sickness, as well as being troubled by a small saddlesore/infection which made pedalling all the less fun and more difficult. Its hard to stay healthy in tropical countries, particularly when you are exposed as much as I am, cycling along.

Mercifully the road was very flat, wide, and safe all the way to Zacatecoluca, and I never had to push very hard to make the miles fly by. Still, I felt quite weak and was tempted to veer off the 4km to El Salvador International Airport, at which I hold a ticket back to Cancun, and back home (the milkrun flight is Managua to El Salvador to Guatemala City to Cancun). But I pushed past, in the growing heat of the day, and it was still a bit of a struggle to make the miles, all things considered. With the heat and health concerns this last 500km or so is not going to be easy, but I´m still about a day ahead of schedule, and can eat into that if I need to.

1 comment:

hotheaded said...

glad you are feeling better. show us some pics when you get a chance!