Tuesday, January 15, 2008

January 15 :: Flores, Guatemala

January 15 :: Flores, Guatemala :: 36km / 725km total

I felt quite defeated and empty pedalling out of the hotel this morning, the hectic pace of the trip starting to catch up to me. Even the shallow climbs had me in my lowest of gears - yuck! I figured I'd regroup myself at breakfast in Flores, 35km away, but on the way there my left knee started creaking a bit. It was enough to call it an early day and rest up for tomorrow and the following day's mountains.

Flores is a cute little tourist town built on an island, and there seems to be some sort of festival going on here. That, eating, and two big doses of stretching and icing will keep me busy enough for the day.

3 comments:

hotheaded said...

are the bonbons catching up with you?

Graham Durrant said...

its the accumulated 9 months of butter chicken and pizza thats keeping me going down here!

hotheaded said...

and the bonbons!

bet you ain't getting any butter chicken down there! at least you're not surviving on clementines and bananas this time around.